Beneath every HAT is a great woman. I must agree. I am quite the hat enthusiast and own a couple. Hats are always over looked but embracing them does magic to your closet. Hats have constantly been worn by both men and women. They have moved from functionality to fashion accessory and now they are more stylish than ever.
Hats are a statement piece than a mere subtle accessory. They uplift an entire outfit. You could be wearing a white t-shirt and jeans but throw in that fedora and voila an added personality and an instant fix. Whether you’re wearing a Bakers boy, a Bowler hat, Flat Cap or a Baseball hat, hats are the cherry on top to any outfit. In this post, I am going to be talking about the Flat Cap, which I feel is an overlooked hat for women but styled correctly can bring a whole load of character and charm.
I love to go an extra mile when it comes to styling my looks by adding a hat. One of the key tips when wearing a hat is to wear it with confidence. Hats create a mystery, edge and appeal to you. They transform not only your outfit but you. I am wearing a News Boy Cap also called a Flat Cap. Think of it as a spruced-up version of the baseball cap. Flat caps are classically stylish. The flat cap is a great way to update any smart-casual look. If you lean more on the classic style, then a Flat Cap will suit your wardrobe. Flat caps, make a softer statement that is easier and less intimidating to pair with a range of outfits.
When it comes to wearing a Flat cap consider this 5 tips;
- Work a Flat Cap with a Feminine-Inspired Coat. This could be a faux fur, trench coat or a modern blazer.
- Create a contrast between your hat and the rest of your outfit, for instance wear, a grey Flat Cap with a black top, a jacket and skinny jeans or how I have worn it in the pictures.
- When aiming for a classy look, think minimalist chic or monochromatic looks. They are easy to throw in a flat cap and create a sleek classy look.
- Mix chunky pieces with your flat cap. This could be a chunky knit sweater, scarf or a coat. Because the Flat Cap is softer, the chunky pieces create a boldness to the overall look.
- Incorporate your Flat Cap to your artistic casual looks by pairing, ripped jeans to a black sweater, coat and sneakers.
Remember they are no fashion rules just guidelines to help you in this hat world but be as experimental as you want to achieve your overall style and I hope it a HAT-full life for your looks.
Let me know in the comments below how you feel about adding hats to your outfit?